Steven Unruh, Divorce Mediator and Therapist in Pasadena and Thousand Oaks, CA
Having grown up in the great state of Minnesota, Steven learned at an early age, the meaning of Commitment and Hard work. Being the son of a Minister, he developed a growing empathy for others in need. ~ His interest in Justice and Fairness has become an integral part of his personality.
After studying Philosophy, Theology and Psychology at Bethel University in St. Paul, MN., he spent the next four years expanding his world view by working in inner-city Oakland, CA., for a non-profit. His community experience and training, encompassed numerous cultures, where he counseled and mediated family and marital conflict on a daily basis.
Those years of hard, intense and rewarding work, became the bedrock of his desire to assist families in crisis.
Working with 9 different cultural groups, broadened his capacity in understanding the complex nature of family dynamics. This cemented his ability for teaching families how to regulate themselves, their emotions, and their perspective when in a crisis.
Graduate School was another opportunity for Steven to foster his passion for helping families in crisis. He graduated with two graduate degrees, MA, MDiv., in Psychology and Theology. As a Licensed Psychotherapist, he specializes in Divorce Mediation and Marital Conflict.
Divorce Mediation, Therapy for Narcissistic Personality Disorder, Counseling for Addictions, and more
Steven brings a total of 30 YEARS of experience, mediating and counseling families that are going through ~ Divorce Mediation ~ Marriage Counseling and Couples Therapy ~ Depression ~ Addictions such as Drug Use and Alcoholism ~ Narcissism and Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
Steven’s training in Divorce Mediation comes from the City Attorney’s Office, Los Angeles. He continues to study FAMILY LAW on a regular basis.
He Displays an Uncanny Ability to Be Fair yet Impartial, Compassionate yet Firm.
Divorce Mediator in Pasadena and Thousand Oaks, CA
Working with Steven though the FINANCIAL and EMOTIONAL issues of your divorce, means that you will have someone who assertive and driven to resolve your complicated situation.
His education, life experiences and insight into ‘human behavior and conflict’, affords him exceptional skill in assisting couples through their divorce.
CALL Steven Unruh today,
for a FREE Consolation: 818-523-5723
- MEDIATOR for the African-American & Latino Summit, Los Angeles, May, 2013
- Dispute Resolution /Mediation Training – City Attorney’s Office, Los Angeles, CA
- M.Div., Fuller School of Theology, MA. Fuller School of Psychology, Pasadena.
- Consulting Partner in South Bay Mediation
- RADIO Host and Producer of his weekly aired shows; KABC, KSFH.
- FOUNDER and Director of Spring Bay Family Counseling, Pasadena. Formerly a non-profit for assisting underserved teens in the San Gabriel Valley, who were self-injurious and depressed. Grants received from prestigious Foundations.
- MEDICAL Board: Served as Chief of Affiliate Staff – Las Encinas Psychiatric Hospital.
- Cross-Cultural studies in Israel and South East Asia.
- Former Director of MINIRITH – MEIER Clinics, Pasadena, CA.
- 30 YEARS of experience. Licensed Psychotherapist ~ 26 years
- FATHER and parent to 3 wonderful and capable young men.
Divorce Mediation and Psychotherapy in Los Angeles and Ventura County
I provide divorce mediation and counseling for narcissism, addictions, and more from two main offices in Pasadena and Thousand Oaks. I also serve Calabasas, Camarillo, and La Cañada, as well as all of Los Angeles and Ventura County.